>> updated, 11:30 am 8/7
I have a con schedule! That’s kind of cool terrifying cool.
Mostly I’m excited about attending other people’s panels and readings and kaffeklatches and writers-under-glass events, but I’m looking forward to these events too :
All is of course subject to change until events actually happen.
- Thursday, Aug. 30, 1:30 – 3pm, (Wright) – Panel: Food and Fantasy in SF
- Friday, Aug. 31, 3-4:30 pm (Picasso) – Panel: Travel as Research (new)
- Saturday, Sept. 1, 9 – 10:30 am – Codex Breakfast
- Sunday, Sept. 2, 10 am – 12 pm, (Sandburg) – Writers’ Workshop
- Sunday, Sept. 2, 7pm – 7:30pm (Dusable) Reading*
* I am really glad about the scheduling of this reading. While I know most people will be getting ready for, or finding seats at, the Hugos while I’m in Dusable, and I hope someone will save me a seat, this is great scheduling for my first con reading. It’s low-profile and (as someone mentioned elsewhere very wisely) it’s almost as if I’m the warm-up act for the Hugos. How cool is that?
PS – there will be cookies.
If you’re going to Chicon, see you there! If not, stay tuned and I’ll let you know how it was.