I’ve been hard at work on the next novel, another novella, and a bit more beta reading than usual, so my bookshelf paid the price. I have several wonderful reads to share below – just not as many as last time.
How about you? What good stuff have you been reading?
- The Killing Moon, N.K. Jeminisn (Orbit) – read it again, for reasons.
- The Blue Blazes, Chuck Wendig (Angry Robot)
- The Raven Boys, Maggie Stievfater (Scholastic)
- Conservation of Shadows, Yoon Ha Lee (Prime Books) – Oh my goodness. I love this collection.
- Shoggoths in Bloom, Elizabeth Bear (Prime Books) – second time around. A wealth of favorite stories in here.
Short Stories –
- “The Ballad of Marisol Brook,” Lightspeed – Sarah Grey
- “Soulcatcher,” Clarkesworld, James Patrick Kelly
- “Mongoose,” (reprint), Clarkesworld, Elizabeth Bear and Sarah Monette
- “The Urashima Effect,” Clarkesworld, E. Lily Yu
- “(R+D)/I=M,” Clarkesworld, E. Catherine Tobler
- “Collateral Memory,” Strange Horizons, Sabrina Vourvoulias
- “Karina Who Kissed Spacetime,” Apex, Indapramit Das
- “The Application of Hope,” Asimov’s, Kristine Kathryn Rusch
- Washington’s Spies, Alexander Rose (Bantam)
- The Riddle of the Labyrinth, Margalit Fox (Ecco)