We are six weeks out from Updraft’s launch and I picked up the custom bookplates last week! They look amazing.
I wrote about them over at Inkpunks a few weeks ago, when I talked about my sketchbooks. The bookplates are three original designs drawn from the sketches I did while I wrote Updraft.
Bonus: if you send me your pre-order info before August 5, I’ll be able to personalize the bookplate too. Make sure you tell me what you want it to say, and to whom. (no guarantees on that after Aug. 5.)
Here’s what you need to do: email proof-of-purchase/preorder to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, along with:
- your mailing address,
- an image/scan of your receipt for the pre-order of Updraft
- and your chosen dedication* (before Aug. 1 to be sure I can get to it).
That’s all there is to it! Looking forward to hearing from you, and excited to be able to say thank you to so many of you for supporting Updraft.
Recent news and reviews:
- Updraft was named Debut of the Month and received its second starred review, this time from Library Journal! “The world of the towers grown from bone, where residents strap on wings and soar the air currents, is captivating.”
- Aiden Moher wrote about Updraft’s themes and driving elements at A Dribble of Ink (spoiler warning), and said, “Excelling on its complex characters, a richly imagined fantasy world, and a penchant for subverting tropes, Updraft is a strong debut from an author with a lot of wind under her wings. Like her protagonist, Wilde never lets off the gas, and, from the very first page to the last, Updraft remains an addictive, mile-a-minute adventure.”
- Updraft’s audiobook narrator from Audible.com is the amazing, Audie-award-winning Khristine Hvam. I have some Audiobook giveaways that I’ll be doing on the newsletter… don’t miss out on this and first-to-hear Uptember schedule news! Sign up now.
- The Updraft giveaway over at Goodreads is in full swing – you have until Aug. 3 to enter!