For the second Cooking the Books of 2017, we’re joined a few minutes into the podcast by my new! co-host! – the wonderful Aliette de Bodard. More exciting things are coming soon for Cooking the Books as well! Stay tuned…
With that in mind, Aliette and I concocted a fairly rowdy (ok it’s really rowdy) Cooking the Books session with agent & foodie Barry Goldblatt, which ranges all over the place but eventually comes back around to food and books. Since Barry’s also my agent, Aliette’s in charge of asking most of the tough questions (though thanks to the wonders of twitter, our friend Dongwon Song tossed one in from the peanut gallery as well…).
This podcast contains a LOT of candy, as fair amount of nourishing things, and a great list of books coming out in the spring & summer of 2017.
Delicious, yes? YES.
This month’s Cooking the Books Podcast, #029: On the Hot Seat – Cooking the Books with Agent Barry Goldblatt contains:
- Rules for interacting with seasoned woks
- Edmund Pevensie, noted food liar
- Agency retreats and a memorable basket of kittens
- Notes on devouring books
- Namechecks for BGL authors including Theodora Goss, William Alexander, Libba Bray, Laura Anne Gilman, Rajan Khanna, Stina Leicht, Christopher Barzak, and more, plus a bit of a fangirl moment from me to fantasy chef Chelsea Monroe-Cassel.
- A whole lot of rowdiness
- A bunch of tape on the cutting room floor that I’m saving for Reasons.
- A secret hint about where Aliette’s book launch for House of Binding Thorns is going to be… which has now been announced – London! Waterstones! 4/12! Get There if You Can!
Podcast #029: On the Hot Seat – Cooking the Books with Agent Barry Goldblatt
Barry Goldblatt opened his own literary agency in September 2000, after working in the rights and contracts departments at various publishing companies. He reps everything from picture books to adult F&SF, with clients including award-winning and bestselling writers Fran Wilde, Libba Bray, Angela Johnson, Christopher Barzak, Nisi Shawl, and Charles Vess.