Beginning August 3, I’ll be in Scandinavia. My Swedish & Norwegian inlaws have given me a list of things to see, but you all know I’m completely fixated on the boats. Expect lots of photos of the Vasa & the harbors & more boats & more water, and from the events below too!
Here’s where to find me:
Friday, August 4- Sunday, August 6, I’ll be in Uppsala Sweden for Reception Histories of the Future. My schedule:
- Friday: 3-4pm Paper Session: Fran Wilde – “Medieval Dreams of Flight and Their Influence on Science Fiction”
- Saturday: 11:30-12:30pm Panel: Byzantiums in Speculative Fiction – Kay, Turtledove and others. Panelists: Patrick Nielsen Hayden, Ann Leckie, Tonje Sorensen, Fran Wilde. Moderator: Liz Bourke
- Sunday: 12:30-1:30pm Panel: After the Decline and Fall: Decadence in SFF.
Panelists: Arkady Martine (AnnaLinden Weller), Ada Palmer, Aliette de Bodard, Elizabeth Bear, Teresa Nielsen Hayden. Moderator: Fran Wilde
Monday, August 7 & Tuesday, August 8, I’ll be in Stockholm, at SF Bokhandeln’s What Stories Does Science Tell? events – including a panel at the Nobel Museum and a Q&A with Elizabeth Bear at SF Bokhandeln. Check out the full program here.
- Thursday, 11am – Engineering in Fantasy & SF
- Thursday, 2pm – Autographing
- Friday, 2pm – Role Models
- Friday night – Hugo Awards (details here)
- Saturday, 11am – Fantasy Worldbuilding without Ableism
- Saturday, 4pm – Food Lies
Looking forward to the next couple of weeks!
Have great places I should go? (know any boats I should check out?) Let me know!
See you soon, Scandinavia!