I’m headed back to Philcon next week! If you’re attending, let me know below.
A.C. Wise did a great thing when she posted her Philcon schedule here – asked for suggestions for her panels. It’s such a great Idea, I’m going to steal borrow it. I know where I sit re: Tesla vs. Edison – what about you? And how about Anne McCaffrey – what’s your favorite of her stories or novels?
There are quite a few panels I’m looking forward to attending – some of those are in gray already – let me know what else I should add.
Looking forward to seeing everyone-
My tentative Philcon Schedule (subject to change):
- Fri 7:00 pm – Executive Suite 623: READING: FRAN WILDE
- Fri 8:00 PM in Plaza III – LOVECRAFT’S SUCCESSORS
- Fri 9:00 PM in Plaza IV – PUNK-PUNK
- Sat 10:00 AM in Plaza V – NON-US SF AUTHORS
- Sat 11:00 am in Plaza VI —Catherynne Valente: Readings From Fairyland
- Sat 1:00 pm – Executive Suite 623 : READING: GREGORY FROST
- Sat 2:00 pm – Plaza IV (Four) : STEAM PUNK VS. VICTORIAN REALITY // Crystal Ballroom Two – BEST SF AND FANTASY OF 2012 // 2:00 PM in Grand Ballroom A —Artist Guest of Honor – Phil Foglio
- Sat 5:00 pm in Crystal Ballroom Three – WOMEN IN FANTASY
- Sat 8:00 pm – Crystal Ballroom Two : EDISON VS. TESLA! YOU DECIDE!
Panelists: Thomas Willeford (mod), Fran Wilde, Brian Thomas, Robert C Roman, Frank O’Brien
Nikola Tesla and Thomas Alva Edison were probably the two greatest inventors in America at the end of the 19th and start of the 20th centuries. But the two men had a long and vicious feud (the “War of the Currents”) that involved not only them, but eventually the entire American and European industrial complex! Who was the better man, and the better scientist? Our panelists will debate, and you decide.
- Sun 11:00 pm – Crystal Ballroom Two : ANNE MCCAFFREY TRIBUTE
Panelists: Oz Drummond (mod), Eric Kotani, Diane Weinstein, Fran Wilde
An appreciation of the late author of the “Dragon Riders of Pern”, as well as many other great works.
- Sun 2:00 pm in Crystal Ballroom Two – IT CAME FROM THE SLUSHPILE
Oh, exciting! I should be able to attend your reading at least, since my first panel isn’t until 8. Hooray!