Cloudtober, week 2: Seven days, four cities, three bookstores and more to come next week! In Maryland? Hi, I’ll be at Atomic Books on 10/20, talking about CLOUDBOUND and UPDRAFT! Come hang out!
SO this is a quick look at the past week …
Chicago: Volumes Bookstore and Cafe is glorious. Everyone should visit and stay to talk to the excellent booksellers there. Ada Palmer, Mary Robinette Kowal and I had a fantastic conversation and there was a crochet squid and highly appropriate fan gear! (and so many friends. gah, you guys.)
New York: NYCC – I made it there! The signing was off the hook, so many great people came through. And then walking through the show, seeing the costumes. Such a great time, so much gratitude to Tor Books.
Boston: Then I was off for a friend’s wedding, a small side trip to the Mark Twain House… and then on Sunday, Pandemonium Books and Games in Boston! Sarah and Tyler were fantastic hosts, the reading (on a really dreary day) was filled with new friends and excellent questions, and then we launched a secret project that I’m writing up for another post.
I left a trail of signed books, friends… go get ’em.
Meantime, some podcasts and posts went live, and some great Cloudbound reviews too…
- I’m at Midnight In Karachi, talking to the incredible Mahvesh Murad about the Bone Universe and Jewel and Her Lapidary.
- Over at the Huffington Post, I answered questions about my writing and influences, and spilled some secrets to Ilana C. Myer.
- I answered nine questions for Sleeps With Monsters at Tor.com (including the *really hard* WHAT IS THE MOST AWESOME THING IN YOUR BOOKS?)
- I did an AMA at R/fantasy and we gave away some things!
- & This Just In! I visited last night with the Unreliable Narrators podcast – talking about Viable Paradise, Taos Toolbox, Updraft, Cloudbound, Cooking the Books, socktober, poetry and more!
Coming up next week, watch this space for a book bite with Silvia Moreno-Garcia, author of Certain Dark Things.